Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2022

ABPoetry Presents Greatest Hits Vol.1


 By Arcassin Burnham   

"Teen Angels"  

We cross our hearts and hope to die, We cross our fingers and tell no lies, No stories, No wise tales, We prosper and prevail, We proceed to serve society, Abide by our parents, Obey the school rules, The way it intended, Its apparent, We love fantasies, And we love dreams, We adore peaches and cream, And we like bird and bees, As long as they buzz, You can have a husband, And get married living with his cousin, You can be a doctor or maybe a lawyer, You tell a nickel from dime and a quarter, You can be a rockstar traveling the world, You can inspire every little boy and girl, You can make a living, You can do whatever you wanna do, As long as you be an angel, And be you.  

✨  

"Young Wonder #1"  

"*Let me be the Muse and the confusion**, **Riding on a stallion through the pretty green grass**, **Staying young if we please**, **Don't want to define the Lord's wishes due to the** **Beautiful flower crown on the top of the head of** **A goddess being modest in every aspect of her** **Life and showing everlasting kindness but me**, **I've been like this**..... **Fishing creeks and sundresses fill the ambience**, **Smelling fresh scents of lavender and smoked wood**, "*No forest fires in the place that we call home and pour** **Our hearts out in to jars and burry them underneath the ground** **With all the other broken dreams that hasn't broke the** **Jars from within side for all of these problems that we** **Posses will be in flying Columbines**, **You pick and choose the destiny** , **God's testing your fate**, **We lack some empathy but what's not allowed is hate**, **Follow me**.  

✨  

"Mister Mr."  

Mister Mr. Spare me the cheap talk and all Of the schemes,  I'm not amused by your dilemma of sneaking  Behind scenes,  I'm just waiting for all of these nightmares to Turn into dreams, The problems will occur wherever you are by All means,  I'm glad to be a teacher, I hate to be learning,  While gravity is holding us down,  Inside we're burning,  So I lock myself in a freezer to prevent being grilled, Didn't ask to hear about your gossip, Please save me the grief. I'm glad to be a teacher,  Mister Mr.  

 ✨  

"Electric Feels" (Ft. Wendy Ronshausen & MyDystopiA)   

**MD** : Look to the blue of the sky,   let go and fly, follow the signs  to find the light inside.   You have the world at your feet.  It costs nothing to be free. It's in the small things,   we find the greatest hope.  **AB** : In God's glory I bathe and the wicked earth just keeps scorching,  **WR** : I Get lost having too much fun and not true joy with partying friends, **AB** : You give yourself to the wrong crowd and it'll all end, **WR** : Popularity , ain't "all that", some may say it leads to sin, **AB** : Answering what everyone ask in a world filled with dying women and children.  

✨  

"Figured Out"  

I hope the men don't run off and try to see the fear in others, Hope the women don't gossip like they don't have a care for others, I hope the kids in school don't have agendas just to pick on others, This world literally crazy,protect your sisters and brothers, Putting your damn videos on Worldstar just to see someone bloodier, Do we really wanna be seen in the history books as histories most violent Country? Now come on guys everybody and their mama knows that this country is Built off money, a socially awkward economy,  that tells you to obey their policies, the justice system , are you blind to see, they kill for no reason , we run out of peace, as a black man you can't on your two feet, without getting cascaded with bullets, whatever hope we get or had in the past just know they're the ones that took it.  

✨  

"Guide You Home" 

 *Have you ever met a young mellow kid* *That goes with the flow until his dying breath*, *Simple minded in a world corrupt and we can't do* *Anything about it except accept death*,  *I know there's more to us*. *Greatness grows from the dirt*. *The country never seemed so beautiful*. *The spirits will guide you home*.  *There has to be more to us*. *Racists and slaughtering*. *Some populations so polluted*. *The spirits will guide them home*. *Real home*. 

✨  

"~sm~"  

Sitting here thinking about what could've been, drowning in my sorrows , couldn't have done this in front of kin, Depressed young man pacing back and forth wondering when his soulmate will arrive so be his best self again, Until you showed on my Snapchat , I couldn't think about that, I wanted someone a little closer in fact, were we got off on the wrong foot, But then you were vulnerable to me so I took a look, And you were beautiful just like all the stars in the sky, Wonder where you came from and do you have you a guy, I couldn't stop , I wanted more, I fell in love , I wanted you, I wanted us , I wanted we, But you swept me off my feet, the first time I heard you speak.  

✨  

"Worries" 

 You worry too much, You worry yourself, You worry us all, You worry at work, You worry at school, You worry for people, You worry for love, You worry for hate, You worry for mom, You worry for dad, You worry for him, You worry for her, You worry at church, You worry at clubs, You worry for siblings, You worry for babies You worry for tv, You worry for news, You worry for tragedies, worry for worlds, You worry Marriage, You worry for rings, You sorry for, You worry too much, You worry yourself, You worry us all.  

✨  

"Flame #15"  

Helen Keller to your noise, Don't even want to hear your voice, Its the continuation of bunch of fake smiles, Don't care about you car or how many miles, Cause one day everything you have that flaunt in front of me will all be taken away, I will not be the statistic of a black man with flashing things, Gold chains and diamond rings is what slavery brings, Its not a thing when were feeling the same, Its not a game  , different kind of shame, You're fucking blind , brains turned to mesh, Partly why I always sing a different tune than all these  other songs going different ways other than the ways they always go wrong on, Till this day I am still laughed at by my anxiety, But it's going to take a lot more than laughter to get silenced, I have let go all my transgressions and bad memories.  

✨  

"I Don't See Nothing"  

Stupid to believe that everything will be alright, stupid to believe that our people will stand and fight, stupid to believe that the state will get better, stupid I believe the most high carrie's us through weathers, but whatever forget what my belief system is, you don't have to tell me that I'm crazy or tell me that I didn't pass high school just to show that whatever that I tell you is a conspiracy, even if i was a scholar you wouldn't believe in me, I remember days where I didn't believe anything, not the end of the world, still don't believe in good love and wedding rings, I believe in manifesting things, so while you sit there collect depressing thoughts, I let my mind sing, my third eye ain't awake , I don't see nothing, I'm probably blind like the rest, over nothing.  

✨  

"JAW"  

Squint your teeth and hold on, Hold on, High tides got the best of me and my  outer states Of consciousness, Looking forward to a bigger view than This, Out of my element,  I broke my jaw, Trying to get to you, Tonight, I don't know much but I could vouch for you, Tonight,  Pulling at my existence bringing me Closer to what I fear the most, Chain reaction in a frame painted with Lust and fuses, Can't express to those, Loss of potential, Explaining mentals, Mapping out the recent choice you chose, Calling it making a very profitable decision, Quote on quote,  I broke my jaw, Trying to get to you, Tonight, I don't know much but I could vouch for you.  

✨  

"Perfect Place"  

Imagination runs free without a trip, Or even a single pill or needle, They use to put flowers in the guns of the authorities That held them from their destinies, The land where the hippies rest and bring peace together, Is the perfect place to spread all sorts of pollution, And even since the beginning of time, **MAN** knew there would have to be chaos in order to be A perfect place, But nothing and no one is, So what is the case, In fact There isn't one, And if there is only one, There is no world, We have to band together and build, Fortify and construct, We have to live , learn and love, Non of the poverty to ever be released again, We have to create the perfect place all over, For a better human race.  

✨  

"When You Were Younger Pt.4"  

The world is gone to hell up in thunder, What's beyond this earth , we've always wondered, I needed someone to fulfil me, and you did only that when you were younger, stayed by my side when we were youngsters, carried out our guns and roses, that's a cozy way of hearing voices, I never doubted the young lady you were, in our world we have a say-so in every amazing thing to occur, we are not long for this earth, touching her skin, admire her birth, Both had it hard in school, but who hasn't?, suppose to know your worth, those kids gave you hard time aside from your bad habits, walking to your house every other weekend just to explore a dream that we made, Higher than angel dust and 12 packs of cherry koolaid, cool as the other end of the bed you made, with several pizza stains, the icebox could not be as chill as what you displayed, Madam I'd be your slave madam, ill be the one to throw the shade madam, if were right here , kiss all over your face madam, so for what we've built they can't take away madam, I couldn't be anymore proud madam, known you when you were a child madam, I love you more than God's crown madam, forever in my heart you'll be young and wild, Madam I'll always remember your younger days.  

✨  

"Unknown #7"  

I've doubted my happiness, Long awaiting for my newer sins, Til morning light, I rewrite all my stories and compete with my ends, Dont have no time for no imposters, For the threats they will send, Keep em coming my way, Cause I'm on the rise, You dont have to pretend, I'm all alone on the throne of diamond valley, You could get stoned, Do crystal meth, Turn our skin into crystals, And pretend to be clones.  

✨  

"Beautiful Eyes II"  

When love showers over me, I could feel and touch your rain and your thunder, Pealing at my skin while pacing down a diamond crusted gold sidewalk, Being stuck between beautiful pupils and a hard place , my mouth is silent but anxiety talks, Conversations will be chocolate covered peices of heaven staring back into you, Looking through my flesh and see my soul, Being indepted to feasting my eyes on you, Apart from the smile your mother gave you, You are, You talk, Those eyes, I just can't, So beautiful..... I..... .....I can not look away, Unlikely the feelings you bring, You make me forget everything, Awhole other side of me, Those eyes, Bring out the best in me, The good in me, Not another distant memory, Remember those beautiful eyes as clear as day, Look forward to tonight and say, That my sorrows have gone on very long vacation, To be extinguished, To perish by love and good vibrations, Your eyes did that for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Better Answer"

  By Arcassin Burnham Take your hands off the dial real quick, when enlightenments callin' better answer quick, don't wait now , man...